There’s a lot of things I’ve never made but have always wanted to try… here’s the list!
1. Puff pastry (tried, wasn’t perfect. Going to try again.)
2. Eclairs (tried twice… not good enough to cross off. In fact, bad. Dad still loves me though.)
4. Tiramisu (Made Orange-Espresso Tiramisu for DB)
5. Truffles/Chocolate candy (Made Brigadeiros, but… eh… that doesn’t quite count)
7. Panna Cotta
8. Semifreddo (Made Ginger, Almond, and Cranberry Semifreddo)
10. Crepe Cake
11. French macarons (Made Cinnamon and Cream Cheese macarons for DB)
12. American (coconut) macaroons (Made them and dipped them in chocolate)
13. A charlotte
14. Ladyfingers (Made them with Orange-Espresso Tiramisu for DB)
15. Marshmallows (Made Pumpkin Spice Marshmallows for my Autumn S’mores)
16. Whoopie pie (Made Pumpkin Whoopie Pies with Chocolate Cream Cheese Filling)
17. Ice cream cake/Baked alaska (Made Chocolate Mint Ice Cream Cake, Brown Butter Baked Alaska, Ice Cream Petit Fours)
18. Rugelach (Made Apricot Walnut Rugelach)
20. Something with Rhubarb (Tried fresh rhubarb for the first time and made Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp)
21. Something with quince
22. Doughnuts (Worked with yeast for the first time with my Yeast-Raised Doughnuts)
23. Fondant (First worked with it for my Georgetown Chocolate Cupcakes and many times since then)
24. Chocolate roses
25. Graham crackers (Made them for my <a href="Autumn S’mores)
26. Bagels (Made basic bagels with Dad)
27. Classic buttercream
29. Biscotti (Made Chocolate-Dipped, Almond-Orange Bisotti)
30. A jelly roll (genoise)
Things I’m meaning to buy or wish I had in my pantry.
1. Doughnut pans
2. Madeleine pans
3. 6″ cake pans
4. A melon baller Thank you A-!
5. Vanilla beans Thank you T-, A-, and Mom!
6. Quality piping bags Thank you Sur la Table!
7. Cute popsicle molds Thank you Sur la Table!
8. A cake leveler
9. Cute ramekins
10. Ring molds
11. More cookie cutters (I didn’t know it was possible but two drawers are enough)
12. Edible glitter/shimmer/sprinkles
13. Cake strips Thanks A-!
14. Big offset spatula
15. Popover pan Thank you Sur la Table!
16. Quality matcha (green tea powder)
17. Macro lens (specifically: Sigma 50mm f/2.8 for Canon) (Been using it since January 2010)
18. Rectangular tart pan with removable bottom Thank you Sur la Table!
19. More piping tips Thank you Sur la Table!
20. Cute little molds for panna cotta, mousses, etc
21. A cooking blow torch Thank you A- and L-!
22. Interesting dishes/silverware
23. Quality candy thermometer (my $4 thermometer broke)